UK Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2021-2022 Applications Portal is now open- United Kingdom Department for International Development (DFID) is now accepting applications from eligible candidates from least developed and lower-middle-income Commonwealth countries for its 2021 Scholarships for full-time Master’s study in UK. The deadline for submission of applications for the UK Commonwealth Shared Scholarships is 9th April 2021.
The Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are for candidates from least developed and lower middle income Commonwealth countries, for full-time Master’s study on selected courses, jointly supported by UK universities.
Application Deadline: 9th April 2021 16.00 (GMT)
Eligible Countries: Eswatini, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, , Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tanzania, The Gambia, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
To be taken at (country): Various UK Universities. Download CSS prospectus 2021 in Program Webpage Link below for full list of participating universities and respective deadlines.
Accepted Subject Areas: Commonwealth Shared Scholarship scheme is for taught Master’s courses only. All courses undertaken must be demonstrably relevant to the economic, social or technological development of the candidate’s home country.
The scholarship is fully funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) Commonwealth Shared Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person.
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country.
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK, or remotely if required, by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2021.
- By September 2021, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high-income country.
- Be unable to afford to study at a UK university without this scholarship.
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format.
Each scholarship provides:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependents, nor the cost of journeys made before your award is confirmed) – arranged by the university; funded by the CSC;
- Approved tuition fees – funded by the CSC;
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,116 per month, or £1,369 per month for those studying at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2020-2021 levels) – paid and funded by the university;
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable – paid and funded by the university;
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable – claimed from and paid by the university; funded by the CSC;
- Study travel grant towards the costs of study-related travel within the UK or overseas – claimed from and paid by the university; funded by the CSC;
- Excess baggage allowance, up to an annual approved limit, when returning home – claimed from and paid by the university; funded by the CSC;
- Reimbursement of the cost of mandatory tuberculosis (TB) test, where required for a visa application (receipts must be supplied) – claimed from and paid by the university; funded by the CSC;
- If you are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance of £478 per month for the first child, and £118 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK (rates quoted at 2020-2021 levels).
Your application must include the following supporting documentation in order to be eligible for consideration:
- Proof of citizenship or refugee status – uploaded to the online application system.
- Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications (with certified translations if not in English – uploaded to the online application system.
- References from at least two individuals – you must submit referee details on the online application system. They will request references from those stated on your application form only if you are nominated or a reserve candidate at the nomination stage.
Supporting documentation uploaded to the online application system must be uploaded as files which are no more than 5 MB in size and must be in one of the following formats: PDF, .doc, .docx, .odt, .jpg, .jpeg. Files submitted in any other format (including Zip files and PDF Portfolios) will NOT be accepted.
Post With by InsideSchool Nigeria.
????When you use our referral #INSIDESCHOOL to Create an Account on PiggyVest????: You Get Free ₦1,000 Plus 5% - 25% Interest on Savings and Investments.Get InsideSchool Nigeria Post UTME Past Questions and Answers and secure your admission easily.
School Updates you Missed:
- Babcock University Post UTME / DE Screening Form 2021/2022 Session
- Gregory University Uturu (GUU) Post UTME Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Clifford University (CLU) Post UTME Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- University of Lagos (UNILAG) Cut Off Mark for All Courses 2020/2021 Admission Session
- Federal University Dutse (FUD) Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
InsideSchool Nigeria is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@insideschoolng) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2347067983829
Stay Connected:Join Our Whatsapp Community (FREE)
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram
Connect With Students On Telegram
Join Our Mailing List(FREE) Join us